1. Paint one side of your wood any color of your choice.
I painted mine a buttermilk color using the craft paints from Michaels.
2. Apply your Vinyl Stencil making sure to really rub the stencil down good so paint does not leak under the vinyl.
3. Using a foam brush shown below (purchased at Walmart) pick your colors and dab the paint onto each word. I only used thin layers of paint. The colors I chose to use were: chocolate brown, golden brown, heritage brick, pumpkin
Once the paint is dry, just remove the vinyl from your wood.
I then took sandpaper and sanded over the entire wood board, over the letters distressing them.
FOR THE THANKFUL SIDE:
1. Paint the other side of your board any color you choose.
I painted mine chocolate brown using the craft paints at Michaels.
2. Apply the Vinyl Lettering Stencil onto your board rubbing the letters down really good so paint does not leak under the letters.
3. Go over the entire board including over the Vinyl Stencil with a second color. I chose a linen color.
4. Once the paint is dry, peel the Vinyl Letters off showing the brown paint underneath the linen color.
After all the vinyl is peeled off, go over the entire board with sand paper distressing the letters and board to your liking:
If you would like to make a sign that is NOT Painted letters and distressed, but would rather paint your wood and use Vinyl Lettering as your sticker, Email me for pricing because your STENCIL will come in some random color I have lots of... like the blue shown above!!